Monday, December 4, 2017

Lisa's Forward Progress: November End

My project for November was to make progress on my Southwest themed quilt.

My goal for this month was to make a test block from the pattern I have chosen to use. I wanted to scale up the block size from the pattern, which started with 6 inch squares in the center, and I wanted to start with the 10 inch squares as I want to maximize the use of the themed fabrics.

I have successfully figured out the math for scaling the block up to the size that I want, and I have an almost completed test block made with some less than desirable fabrics from my stash. I'm not going to finish the test block, as I've completed enough to know that it will work.

I've also paired up the 10 inch blocks (with help from my bee ladies), so I can begin sewing the large half square triangles. My friend Amanda has also given me some additional fabrics that I will be able to add into the quilt for a little more variety...including an amazing kokopelli fabric that will be used as the backing (pictured below).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.