Thursday, September 7, 2017

LSC: Something Wicked This Way Comes

The Literary Sewing Circle kicks off at Following the Thread with a reading of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
I have read this novel before (and blogged about it), and am looking forward to rereading it.  
The LSC will be reading and discussing this book, and projects inspired by it, over the next 10 weeks. 
The idea of creating something based on a work of literature seems a bit scary, but I am going to take this quote from the novel as encouragement:
"Too late, I found you can't wait to become perfect, you got to go out and fall down and get up with everybody else."
I borrowed a copy of the novel from my public library and have started thinking about what to make. I have been wanting to try a technique I saw (I can't remember where) that took a photo and cut it into pieces then made a quilt by creating each section of the photo and putting them together. That technique using one of the many cool covers for this novel might be a good match. Not committing to this particular project idea yet, but definitely considering it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that sounds like a complex project idea! Thanks for sharing, I am happy to be able to share my love of reading & sewing this way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.